Seattle, WA. The 2018 USA Games are in the books and Team Oregon returned home with eleven gold medals. Champions were crowned in 14 sports during the 2018 Special Olympics USA Games July 1st-6th in Seattle. 4,000 athletes from across the country participated. In swimming, Shawn Hinz won both the 100-meter individual medley and 100-meter breaststroke.
Gold Medal Winners at the 2018 Special Olympics USA Games
- Molly Muir: Shot Put
- CJ Billings: 50m Backstroke
- CJ Billings: 50m Free
- Victoria Peckerman: 25m Backstroke
- Victoria Peckerman: 50m Backstroke
- Victoria Peckerman: 50m Free
- Kimberly Forrer: 100m Free
- Kimberly Forrer: 100m Backstroke
- Shawn Hinz: HP 100m IM
- Shawn Hinz: 100m Breaststroke
- Dominic Flesey-Assad / Colin Herring: Bocce Unified Doubles
Silver Medal Winners
- Hayley Ruck: 1500m Walk
- Molly Muir: 400m Walk
- Jonah Carrasquer: 200m
- Jonah Carrasquer: 400m
- CJ Billings: 25m Backstroke
- Micah Webb: Bowling, Singles
- Kenneth McLoughlin / Kortni Vaughn: Bowling, Doubles
- Kenneth McLoughlin, Kortni Vaughn, Christina Williams, Micah Webb: Bowling, Team
- Zachary Herrmann: Golf, Level 4
Bronze Medal Winners
- Hayley Ruck: 400m Walk
- Kimberly Forrer: 200m Free
- Kortni Vaughn: Bowling, Singles
- Elisabeth Groves / Kaci Linton: Golf, Level 2
Thank you to Microsoft at Pioneer Place for sending our athletes off to Seattle in style! On June 30, Microsoft warmly opened their doors to host the Team Oregon delegation and its community of supporters. From adaptive gaming controllers to VR, several interactive stations were set up to celebrate Microsoft’s dedication to inclusive design. A giant “good luck” sign, inspiring speeches and a tunnel of high-fives created an atmosphere of community support for these truly amazing athletes.
A very special THANK YOU to the parents, grandparents, family, friends, community businesses and more who helped raise over $13,000 in support of Team Oregon. Also, thank you to Nike who provided uniforms, Microsoft for its sponsorship and hosting the Sendoff Party, NW Navigator for providing transportation to and from Seattle, Jersey Mike’s & Papa John’s for providing meals and many others who helped Team Oregon succeed at the 2018 USA Games.
Your donation will help Special Olympics Oregon athletes reach their full potential on and off the field for years to come.