Lake Oswego, OR. It has been a month since the “365 by Whole Foods Market” opened in Lake Oswego and locals keep streaming in. The store, located at 11 S State Street, is a pared down version of a Whole Foods market with roughly a quarter of the inventory. It’s also self-serve without a full service deli, meat department or bakery. Still, lots of shoppers like the concept and the lower prices. It’s the second such store opened by Whole Foods in the U.S.
President of 365 by Whole Foods Market, Jeff Turnas, explains, “The name celebrates our belief that fresh healthy foods can be readily available to more people in an affordable way every day…365 days a year. It also tips our hat to our popular 365 Everyday Value brand, which our shoppers seek out for quality, transparency and great value — the same attributes to come with our smaller-store format.
The first 365 by Whole Foods Market store opened in May 25, 2016, in the Silver Lake neighborhood of Los Angeles. Then came Lake Oswego on July 14th. Bellevue, Washington is scheduled to open in 2016. An additional 10 stores are expected to open in 2017.
Here’s a list of 365 by Whole Foods Market stores in development:
- Santa Monica – opening date TBA
- San Francisco – opening date TBA
- Concord– opening date TBA
- Claremont – opening date TBA
- Los Alamitos – opening date TBA
- Long Beach – opening date TBA
- North Hollywood – opening date TBA
- Lake Oswego – opening July 14, 2016
- Bellevue – opening fall 2016
- Houston – opening date TBA
- Cedar Park – opening date TBA
- Cincinnati – opening date TBA
- Akron – opening date TBA
- Toledo – opening date TBA
- Evergreen Park – opening date TBA
- Bloomington – opening date TBA
- Decatur – opening date TBA
- Gainesville – opening date TBA