Portland, May 3rd, 2016. The Oregon Food Bank honored over one hundred generous supporters during a special evening at Andina Restaurant. Phil Kalberer, Joyce Larson and Oregon Food Bank CEO Susannah Morgan sampled Novoperuvian tapas at the event which was hosted by Peter Platt, Andina owner and Oregon Food Bank board member. “I’m immensely grateful to all of our donors. I value the opportunity to speak with each one, hear their stories and update them on the great work they support,” said Oregon Food Bank CEO Susannah Morgan. Oregon Food Bank works with hundreds of food banks, pantries and meal sites throughout Oregon and Clark County, Washington to provide food to people struggling to make ends meet.
Oregon Food Bank distributes emergency food to hunger-relief agencies throughout Oregon and Clark County, Wash. And that’s just the beginning.
- Metro and Statewide Services teams provide technical assistance and training to hunger-relief agencies.
- Our Network Support Fund matches local donations to help agencies build capacity to better serve people who are hungry.
- Our innovative Fresh Alliance program collects and distributes nutritious, perishable foods for people who are hungry.
- Education programs teach low-income participants to grow food from seed and to stretch food dollars while cooking healthy meals.
- Community organizing work through FEAST (Food, Education, Agriculture Solutions Together) workshops and other partnerships help communities build stronger and more equitable local food systems.
- And our Advocacy team works to find long-term, public-policy solutions that benefit people with low incomes.