Portland, June 27th, 2013. Dog of all ages, shapes, sizes and personalities competed for the coveted title of Portland’s Next TopDog Model. Finalists walked the runway and the judges selected one Large Dog and one Small Dog TopDog Model. Tail wags of congratulations to Barley, Portland’s Next TopDog Model (Large Dog), on the left and Sachi, on the right who won the titles of Portland’s Next TopDog Model. “Portland’s Next Top Dog Model” won prize packages with goodies valued at over $1,000 and will be invited to special events and TV appearances to represent the Oregon Humane Society in the community.
The audience also got to select their favorites.
This annual event is a benefit for the Oregon Humane Society.
Doggie contestants desiring to become Portland’s Next TopDog Model are divided into two categories: small dogs (under 30 lbs.) and large dogs (30 lbs. and over). Judges select 12 small dog finalists and 12 large dog finalists from the entries received. During the finale judging event, one dog from each group will be selected as the big winner and earn the coveted title.
The Finalists were:
- Bobo, Maltipoo, 8 years, Parent: Erin
- Bruno, Cockapoo, 2 years, Parent: Lauren
- Coco, Miniature Schnauzer, 1 year, Parents: Karla & Nancy
- Finian (Finn), Terrier-Pug-Chihuahua-Spaniel, 2.5 years, Parent: Darcy
- Finnegan, Jack Russell Terrier Mix, 2 years, Parent: Chandra
- Posh, Yorkie, 3 years, Parents: Mike & Kristan
- Milo, Long-haired Chihuahua mix, 1.5 years, Parent: Laura
- Miss Sadie Mercedes, Beabull (beagle/English bulldog), 6 years, Parent: Ryan
- Sachi, Mini Aussie/Sheltie, 1.5 years, Parent: Jennifer
- Tucker, Chihuahua mix, 3 years, Parents: Heidi & Devon
- Tully, French Bulldog, 3 years, Parent: Kris
- Zelda, pug, 1 year, Parent: Jaime
- Barley, Mixed-Up Pup, 3 years, Parent: Elma
- Bourbon Boudreaux “Bubba”, Chocolate Lab, 8.5 years, Parent: Kim
- Casey, Australian Labradoodle, 5 months, Parent: Jen
- Gomer, St. Bernard, 2 years, Parents: Julia & Kerry
- Henry, Great Dane, 1.5 years, Parent: Jane
- Lowell, Yellow Lab, 2 years, Parent: Kim
- Luna, Siberian Husky, 1.5 years, Parents: Mercedes & Zahne
- Noah, Great Pyrenees/Maremma Sheepdog/Giant Schnauzer mix, 6-7 years, Parent: Terry
- Raven, Border Collie, 4 years, Parents: Shawna & Angel
- Rogue, Doberman, 2.5 years, Parent: Sarah
- Samson, Golden Retriever, 7 years, Parent: Ann
- Sophie Bear, Chow Chow, 6 years, Parents: Bill & Matthew
The panel of celebrity judges for the final competition includes Betty Norrie, member of the OHS Board of Trustees; Helen Raptis, host of AMNW on KATU; Kimberly Maus, anchor for KPTV; Mitch Elliot, host for 105.1 fm The Buzz; and Sheryl Stewart, host for 105.1 fm The Buzz. Andy Carson from KPTV will provide plenty of laughs as emcee of the event.
Prizes, Titles, and More for the Winners
All finalists received gift bags valued at over $100, and the two dogs named “Portland’s Next Top Dog Model” won prize packages with goodies valued at over $1,000 and will be invited to special events and TV appearances. Two Fan Favorites were also selected from the participants, and these competitors also received prize baskets.
The mission of the Oregon Humane Society is:
To foster an environment of respect, responsibility, and compassion for all animals through education, legislation, and leadership. To care for the homeless, to defend the abused, and to fight with unrelenting diligence for recognition of the integrity of all animals.