Milwaukie, February 7th, 2013. Exceed Enterprises marked its 30th Award’s night with a festive celebration. The party at Gray Gables Estate in Milwaukie drew an upbeat crowd of 230 people including Scott Hatley, founder of the nonprofit Incight and an Exceed board member. He received Exceed’s most prestigious award from CEO, Ken Fosheim. (Photo credit, Jamie Smith) David Pearson, an Exceed employee, accepted his “Spirit of Exceed” award from Operations Specialist, Melodie Lewis. Exceed’s staff provides a safe and nurturing working environment for more than 170 adults.
Thirteen awards were presented, including:
- Employees of the Year: John Farley and Ray Sehorn
- Spirit of Exceed: David Pearson, Kristina Vigna and Marlene Lewis
- Business Partners of the Year: Lockwood Products and Coca-Cola
- Community Support Award: Kaiser Permanente Northwest
- Community Partner Award: The Nonprofit Association of Oregon
- Advocacy Award: Dean Walter from Georgia-Pacific
- Staff Member of the Year: Dena Meyers
- Volunteer of the Year: Carole Matthews
- Londahl-Risley Award: Scott Hatley
“This year’s Recognition Night was a very special evening that celebrated Exceed’s exceptional stars,” said Ken Fosheim, Exceed’s Chief Executive Officer. “It is a great honor to recognize such a talented group of individuals.”
It was a lighthearted evening for staff as well.
Established in 1968, Exceed Enterprises is a non-profit organization that excels in providing vocational and personal development services for people with disabilities. Exceed serves the Portland metropolitan area offering a variety of options and opportunities through rehabilitation services, community-based & on-site business environments, personal services and community activities.Our community and business partnerships enable people with disabilities to contribute to society through meaningful employment and increased independence, self-confidence, and dignity.
VISION: Cultivating a world of success for people with disabilities.
MISSION: Invest in the success of persons with disabilities through the creation of service and business ventures that return both social and financial dividends.
The nonprofit thanked photographer, Jamie Smith from HEARTfelt PROductions and to LASERWERKS for donations.
www.exceedpdx.com or 503-652-9036.