Portland, OR. The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is open on a limited basis. To help keep our community healthy, OMSI has limited capacity, introduced staggered ticketing times, and is continuing to require face coverings.
OMSI remains committed to the health and safety of everyone at the museum—including visitors, students, staff, and volunteers. The organization wants visitors to feel comfortable and safe while discovering at OMSI. Administrators explain, “While our region is moving closer to community immunity, we are continuing to require visitors to wear masks. This policy allows us to offer a safe space to the hundreds of children attending OMSI Camps & Classes at the museum, as the majority of these students are not yet eligible to be vaccinated.”
To help limit the spread of COVID-19, OMSI has taken the below steps:
– Staff and guests will be wearing face coverings to protect those too young for vaccination
– Capacity for open areas across the museum has been reduced
– Providing online ticketing (we’ll scan your ticket for contactless entry)
– Signs are posted throughout the museum to encourage guests to maintain physical distancing
– Enhanced cleaning protocols are in place and additional hand sanitizing stations have been installed throughout the museum
OMSI’s mission is to inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation, and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
Our Equity Statement
OMSI respects, values and celebrates the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We believe that we will be successful in accomplishing our mission and vision when we seek out and respond to diversity of participation, thought and action. We will work to dismantle barriers to equity and access to the experiences OMSI provides and to create welcoming environments and conditions where all people can reach their full potential.