Portland, OR. Adelante Mujeres guests like Rebecca Arredondo Yazzie, Ingrid Solares (Adelante Mujeres board member) and Yesenia Andrade enjoyed a roaring 20’s theme for the annual Adelante Mujeres Fiesta of Hope gala on April 28th. Organizers say it was a time for “Celebrating Latina leaders, past, present and future.” The benefit featured Chicas Youth Development participants and a new video art installation project featuring four of the Chicas stories. Congresswoman Suzanne Bonamici, U.S. and Senator Ron Wyden were on hand as Adelante Mujeres honored Susan Castillo with its 2018 Latina Leader Award. Alix Zimmermann led the live auction which raised a record-breaking $157,000. Finally, guests danced the night away to fiery sounds of Son de Cuba. (Photo credit, Anna Yeager)
From Adelante Mujeres:
Adelante Mujeres strives to:
- Increase opportunities for family and community self-determinationthrough holistic education, workforce and entrepreneurial training and family literacy.
- Build community through leadership development and the search for solutions to common concerns.
- Preserve, foster and share participants’ cultural heritage with the wider community and facilitate intercultural exchange.
- Advocate ecological awareness and action for a sustainable economy and healthy communities.
Adelante Mujeres believes in:
- Cooperation, accountability and a fair distribution of resources.
- Commitment to the resolution of conflict through peaceful means.
- Awareness and appreciation of the inter-relatedness of all life in the universe.