Portland, February 19th, 2013. The Regional Arts & Culture Council (RACC) released its annual report for 2012. The year in review, available online at www.racc.org/2012annualreport, includes highlights of last year’s activities in service to artists and arts organizations in Clackamas, Multnomah and Washington Counties.
One highly visible project is, Inversion: Plus Minus. In the artists’ words, “The sculptures reference the outer shells of ordinary industrial buildings found in the Central Eastside Industrial Area like those that once existed on the project sites.” (Photo credit, William Rihel)
Among the organization’s accomplishments in 2012:
- RACC expanded the public art collection through murals, portable works purchases, large-scale projects, and more
- The Right Brain Initiative expanded its arts integration services to 44 schools
- Work for Art, a workplace giving program for the arts, raised a record sum: $823,693
- More artists and arts organizations received grants than ever before
- Voters approved a new $35 income tax to support arts education and access in Portland