Portland, February 11th. Thousands of community members converged on Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel to tour the beautiful new health center . Munroe Blem, Caroline McGowan (Miss Oregon) and Sydney Blem were all smiles at the event. Patients will be moved into the stylish new hospital on February 26th.
From Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel:
Top to bottom our new building is designed to promote your child’s comfort and healing. We incorporated data from evidence-based design into every aspect of our new space. These design elements include innovations to create a peaceful, soothing environment proven to help young patients heal faster.
- Private patient rooms feature extra-large windows with views, lots of natural light and plenty of space for family members to stay with their child.
- Quiet by design — special design features and the elimination of overhead messages reduce noise.
- A combination of soothing and uplifting color schemes featuring Pacific Northwest geography: coast, valley, mountain and desert.
- A therapeutic terrace garden provides a tranquil retreat setting. The garden room, which leads to the garden, provides patients and families an indoor space for respite and to enjoy the garden no matter what
- Three family lounges give families home-like spaces with kitchens and ample natural light. We also have a wellness center for families, five playrooms, a classroom, a teen center, an art therapy room and even a theater.