Portland, Or. The Girl Scouts of Oregon and SW Washington are working hard to help shape America’s future leaders. Now leaders say they could use your help with their year-end giving campaign. They need funding for programs like the organization’s upcoming annual meeting in Eugene. At the annual meeting, the Girl Scouts of Oregon will be offering, “Speak Up, Stand Up, Rise Up” an activity exploring the significance of the ratification of the 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution 100 years ago. Girl Scouts will learn about the history of the fight for women’s right to vote, including how the Amendment discriminated against groups of women on the basis of race and did not allow all women in the U.S to participate at the polls. Girls will engage in activities to be able to evaluate disparity that continues to be prevalent in women’s rights today, while also planning steps towards action they can demonstrate in their local communities.
The local Girl Scouts are active year-round participating in activities like the Mock Legislature at 2019 Girl Scout Leadership Day at the Capitol.
Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington serves members throughout Oregon and Clark, Skamania and Klickitat Counties in Washington. 40 volunteer-led areas called service units provide support for girls and adults in their area. The local council is funded through grants, donations, bequests, program fees, product sales, investment income and endowments.
Here’s a video explaining how Girls Scouts offer a lifetime of leadership:
From Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington:
Thanks to the generosity of people like you, Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington is able to deliver on the mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
One in four Girl Scouts in our council depends on financial assistance, so your gift directly impacts the lives of girls in your community.
Gifts of any amount go a long way. Every donation makes an impact in the lives of girls in our community.
- Your $10 gift could provide three Girl Scout Brownies with their Programming Robots badges, inspiring even the youngest girls to dream big dreams.
- Your $25 gift could furnish a girl with her annual Girl Scout membership, opening up a world of possibilities—camp, STEM, travel, building friendships for a lifetime, learning about the world, and taking action as a leader.
- Your $50 gift could supply seven Girl Scout Ambassadors with “Your Voice, Your World: The Power of Advocacy” Journey books.
- Your $100 gift could outfit 12 girls with their official Girl Scout sashes, to proudly display their hard-earned STEM and outdoor badges.
- Your $250 gift could help 16 girls experience camp for a day, where they’ll try new adventures like scaling a climbing wall and paddling a canoe.
- Your $1,000 gift could welcome three girls to Classic Camp, where they’ll build confidence in swimming, building campfires, cooking outdoors, paddling on the lake, and more.
Donate to Girl Scouts OSW online or contact [email protected] to make a donation.
*Year-end giving is a sponsored story offering.